Uploading A Game With Adds

Hey,
In your publishing your game to play store, you clicked no adds in the option of “Does your game contains adds?”
If I click yes, then it asks me to put some privacy policy thing which I dont have any idea about. So if I am publishing a game that has add then what am I supposed to do?

All apps with certain permissions set in the Apple or Google Stores are required to have a privacy policy in place. This policy spells out to the end user of the game things like what data is collected, how that data is used, and in many cases what the user’s options are to not have that data collected.

In the case of ads, your privacy policy may include or point to the privacy policy of Unity Ads.

We can’t give legal advice here (at least that’s what the lawyers tell us), but there are services (even some free ones) that will help you craft a privacy policy.

One important caveat to all of this. If you say “I won’t ever sell information about you to a 3rd party” but then next year you’re pinched for cash and sell it, that privacy policy can be used against you in court. (That’s not legal advice, that’s just how things are). Craft your policy with care, and follow it. Remember that the more privacy you ensure, the more places your app can be listed (countries like the EU have strict requirements about what you can do with their citizen’s data, privacy policy or not).

OK,
Thanks for the information. Based on what you said I think privacy policy is like a document stating things which informs the user that what all data is collected and is it used. So what kind of points shall I include and what are the services then can help me craft a privacy policy.

Not wanting to make the mistake of giving out legal advice, I’m going to point you to this article, which offers free legal advice and points you to some good generators.

2 Likes

Ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms