Unwrap stretch different when select all [RESOLVED]

so here is a screenshot of my unwrap for a single object, which seems acceptable on the strecth (very little green influence)

But once I select all the object, and then unwrap them again, its heavy stretched… why is it changing?

1 Like

Never seen this before. It’s strange

2 Likes

Likewise very odd. As is the flat base being less than plain dark blue.

I would re unwrap, checking the pop up panel for anything not ‘usual’ selected. Standard is ‘Angle based’

2 Likes

Is it possible you’ve selected something you shouldn’t have, and that’s causing the unwrap to factor in something strange? I noticed you have the camera included in your selection - my own limited tests suggest it shouldn’t make a difference, but maybe there’s something similar involved that we can’t see from here.

Also, if you gradually select more and more of your objects at once and reunwrap with those increasingly large selections, do you notice a particular point at which the stretch goes out of whack like this? Probably the easiest way to precisely adjust your total selection of objects in the Outliner is by Ctrl + clicking on things.

3 Likes

I deleted the camera and light and unwrapped again. same result, but, when I look at the texture it is not strecthed out… it actually looks fine to me, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

If it looks good it is good. I never even look at the stretch personally. If you see a problem, then you need to go in and add some seams probably, to open the area out more flat.

2 Likes

This is all suggesting that the stretch data was simply wrong, which would make sense, not least because of NP5’s mention of even the base showing problems.

This may be a bug in Blender actually, as apparently there were some longstanding issues that were closed a few months ago. In any case, have fun with it =)

2 Likes

ok thanks for the input everyone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms