UnrealEngine Compiling Error when GenerateProjectFiles.sh

I get the following error when I try to compile after ./Setup.sh :

$./GenerateProjectFiles.sh

Setting up bundled DotNet SDK
Process terminated. Couldn’t find a valid ICU package installed on the system. Set the configuration flag System.Globalization.Invariant to true if you want to run with no globalization support.

Please Help!

Hi, can you provide some context as to what you’re doing or if it is related to a lecture.

Hi,

Yes, I apologize for the lack of context…

I am using Garuda Linux(cheating Arch), and I had compiled the UE5 before… it suddenly stopped working (5.0).

I did a brand new install, managed to compile 5.0.1, then it broke.

I rm -rf the UE5 Folder, I cloned the release branch again.

I ran sudo ./Setup.sh and it gives me a succes>

when i run sudo ./GenerateProject I get the following error:

Attempting to set up UE pretty printers for gdb (existing UEPrinters.py, if any, will be overwritten)…
updated UEPrinters.py
found necessary entries in ~/.gdbinit file, not changing it.

Setting up Unreal Engine 5 project files…

Setting up bundled DotNet SDK
Process terminated. Couldn’t find a valid ICU package installed on the system. Set the configuration flag Syst
em.Globalization.Invariant to true if you want to run with no globalization support.

Sorry, I just realised it was linux. I’m not really familiar with the linux configuration. I am aware you need .net 3.1 core installed for windows but I’m not sure of the requirements are the same, I would imagine so.

If that’s the issue then I suggest you go to the pages on Microsoft’s website as they have decent instructions for .net core setup and how to get the correct package. I do also know that (again windows) you cannot use .net 5 or 6 - it has to be .net 3.1. I imagine this will change before the end of the year to v6 as 3.1 is being retired November.

Hi!

So, I finally got around this. I experimented a bit and as of now it works for:

Arch based distros
sudo pacman -S dotnet-sdk
sudo pacman -S yay
yay -S libicu50 --noconfirm '(Installs libicu50.) This solved the issue

Ubuntu/Debian distros
sudo apt-get install dotnet-sdk
sudo apt-get install libicu50

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms