Unreal Engine - Project could not be compiled

So, I was watching the course, finished the first section, and was going to continue with Bulls and Cows but then out of curiosity, I tried to open a new project in Unreal. And it gave me these errors:

VSerror

The first one is when trying to open the new project in Unreal. In the last line it says input file could not be opened i guess, because of the question marks I can’t make a certain translation.

Also I don’t know why the VS gave this error this time, it used to give this one for each time I tried: LINK : fatal error LNK1181

And the second one is on VS Community 2019, when I tried to compile the project from there.

So the things I tried so far:

1- Deleting all Visual Studios on my PC: VS 2017, VS 2019. And then I installed them like it was done in the course, I checked every checkbox and etc.

2- I changed the preference of Unreal to VS Code from VS Community. Same error unfortunately.

3- Changed the preference to VS 2017 from 2019, nothing changed.

4- I looked a lot in the internet and someone said using a program to wipe his VS and then reinstalling it solved the error for him. So I tried that too, but it did not work either.

I am definitely not a pro but I did make projects with Unity before, and it had a problem with VS 2019 at the time if i remember correctly, so it might be a version incompatibility maybe? But truly I have no idea. All help is appreciated.

Looks like you have non-English characters to the path you installed Unreal which is most likely the issue.

1 Like

I have no idea why I just could not think of that. I had the same issue with Android Studio once, and had to change my username in the computer. Since I did not see Epic Store as anything other than games before, it may be the reason why I did not spot it before. When I am at home I will try solving it, and will let you know. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms