Unreal Engine C++ Linux

Hey so I’m having an issue with building C++ with UE4. Blueprint projects work fine with no issues. I’m using PopOS: Linux pop-os 5.15.5-76051505-generic #202111250933~1638201579~20.04~09f1aa7-Ubuntu
Now whenever I try to create a C++ project, I get an error that says “Project can’t be built when UE4 is running. Please build from your IDE” Or something like that. I’ve noticed that Mike has been using Pop OS for building escape, and it seems to be working perfectly fine.
Even my autocomplete on VSCode does not work, can I please get some help? Maybe Mike can give me some insight on how to make it work well for Linux if that’s possible. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here’s where the problem seems to start:-

And when I try to open with UE4 Editor:-

And, I have Epic Games Launcher installed with Lutris, but seems to not work that well either. Can Mike please explain how he get everything working for Linux? It would be so so so helpful!

Open the VS Code workspace and compile the project from there using the build task

Ctrl + Shift + B > ProjectNameEditor Linux Development Build

1 Like

Heyy, so I did that, but is it normal for it to take like hours to build? I have it on my SSD

Anndd here are my specs:-

Intel i5 10th gen
AMD RX 640
16 GB ram

andddd, I got the same error :confused:

Okay now I tried the same with Manjaro, which is supposed to have better support when it comes to graphics (apparently)… Anddddddd hours of compiling later, I get this crash

I tried running it with OpenGL but still did not work.

Have you tried updating GPU drivers or trying a different one?

Yes, it’s a large code base.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms