Unreal Engine 5 Update an VD support?

Hello! Good morning. I’ be sorry to disturb you, but I’d like you to ask two questions about this course. I know this question has been asked a lot but not recently, so is there any plan for an UE5 and do you know if it’s possible to use Virtual Desktop with Unreal Engine 5. Thanks :D.

No plans at present to upgrade to UE5 - the materials work fine, just they need a slightly higher spec GPU to work.

As for virtual desktop, I can’t think of any reason why not but you could use the wireless connection built in - I’m assuming the quest 2 here. I personally use a link cable, not the official one because they’re insanely expensive but a long USB cable and it works fine with UE5.

I work on remote computers which in turn Oculus link and the wireless version of it isn’t supported for me.

1 Like

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work but I also can’t say what performance is like either. You would really need to test it out yourself or contact VirtualDesktop support to answer that question. Also, ask on discord as I’d imagine someone has tried it out.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms