Unreal Engine 5 - Error with Live Coding

Attempting to compile the live code returns the following error:

---------- Creating patch ----------
Running C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.exe -Target=“CryptRaiderEditor Win64 Development -Project=”“C:/Users/Anthony/Documents/Unreal Projects/CryptRaider/CryptRaider.uproject”"" -LiveCoding -LiveCodingModules=“C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCodingModules.txt” -LiveCodingManifest=“C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCoding.json” -WaitMutex -LiveCodingLimit=100
Quick restart disabled when re-instancing is enabled.
Log file: C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
ERROR: Unable to patch action graph - unexpected executable in compile action (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.19041.0\x64\rc.exe)
Build failed.

I have attempted rebuilding the task from VSCode but that does not seem to do anything as I keep running into the same error, I have also tried Refreshing the visual studio code project from inside the editor to no success.

Log file: CryptRaiderLog · GitHub

Having same problem, managed to fix it by closing the engine and building the code from visual studio. then opened the engine and the code would build just fine from there too

I have tried this and it did not work for me

for whatever it’s worth, this is happening to me frequently on Windows. But on my machine, closing UE; VSC > Terminal > Run Build Task… CryotRaiderEdtor Win64 Development Build; save VSC; then relaunch UE5 does fix the problem. perhaps not helpful, but it is happening to me frequently and this process does fix the problem on my end.

I was able to fix the error by after attempting the above rebuild, disabling live coding and compiling. I got another error but then when I turned live coding back on and recompiled it began to work again. Some kind of strange error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms