Unreal Engine 5 course: Obstacle Assault showcase (22_OA_EC5)

The showcase of my world for this Obstacle Assault.

Edit: Instead of making a new thread, I figured I’ll add the more ‘polished’ version of the game here as well. The new video has rotating platforms also included in the game:

7 Likes

Very nice! I love the horizontal platforms moving opposite each other near the end. Great job. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice level,

BTW How do you get the ladders and ramps working?
My pawn crashes into the ladders or ramps or it simply slides down. But I can’t make him go up / “climb” the ramp or the ladders.

Is that being addressed further in the course or is something you made up on your own?
I’m not asking for an elaborate solution or tutorial, but maybe you can provide a keyword or two for me to look into in the Internet.

I don’t know if it’s because of the physics, of the BP, of the Meshes design … Actually I don’t know where to start looking to fix that issue.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I answer myself just in case it can be useful to somebody else. By the middle (min 5. aprox) of the “Level Design & Polish” video in the next lessons they show that there is something called “Walkable angle” for the pawn. Going up to 60º makes the pawn walk up the ladder and other ramps.

1 Like

Ah looking good. Very creative! Nice job! The large rotating “C” thing around 1:00 on the second video was a pretty clever addition.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms