Unreal Editor

Hello, I’ve noticed in the Unreal Editor that I have a message in the one corner that says Reflection Captures Need To Be Rebuilt. What does this mean and how can I fix it(If possible)?

Also, the program is running fine and everything seems to be working but when I type onto the viewport (Game) while following the videos it is very slow, the letters fade in slowly as I type. Is this something I can fix or is it just my computer that is only so fast? (I hope that makes sense).

Thank you!

try to click Build on top panel.

Hi! I can only give you a partial answer at this stage - the ‘Reflection captures’ warning you can safely ignore. From what I understand it is just a trick unreal uses to fake reflections in real-time. So perhaps if you had something shiny in the game the reflection might not show the current environment around it. I think its probalby best at this stage of the tutorial to leave it until it gets specifically covered.

As for the slow interaction. It might not be unreal engine. Give the computer a reboot to see if it behaves the same upon a fresh start.

Okay, cool. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms