Unreal Editor crashes

Right then lads! I’ve started from scratch, wiping everything and starting from fresh. See if this works, and yes Dan I tried that to no avail :frowning: But again thank you for your support, I’m off for a few weeks so will try another time! Can close this thread and hopefully I will get some answers in the future!

Actually sorry! Before this gets closed and saves me asking again!

I was meant to ask, you say my cache download and shared components are the same but the shared components is read only and no matter what I change the others to I can’t get it to install. And if I change the main installation to my other drive I get this error.

Visual Studio cannot be installed to a nonempty directory ‘F:’.

Sorry to bug you guys again just trying to get it sorted quickly!

Can’t you make a new folder on F like F:\UE4_DL_CACHE and set it to that?

Yes, you can’t changed shared location, but for some reason, dl cache needs to change. If that doesn’t work, then you will have to Google search the error and try another workaround fix.

I don’t remember default settings at the moment but I did set dl cache to a different drive so I know you can set that to some other place.

Oh yes, I’ve been googling for a while haha

Nope tired creating so many different root directories but nothing and can’t find a solid answer online.

In that case, unless you need VS without UE4, then you can just work at getting UE4 working as it should work without VS installed.

Yea just trying to reinstall now, had ANOTHER problem with it. So just trying that one :frowning:

Also, if installation fails, then perhaps its not clean enough to be fresh and new like it was never installed.

Unfortunately, don’t know if I can help you much with cleaning properly without going through it all myself and documenting all of it of which I have too many other things at the moment.

Eventually, you will get it.

Yea did the clean install and the install from command line and the no cache la lada but oh well :slight_smile: I’ve taken enough of your time thanks!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms