Unreal App freezing when I click certain items in the Menu

Hello everyone,

I noticed that my computer has been having problems lately and I am completely lost as to what the cause could be.
My computer is a gaming notebook (I’ll post the specs at the bottom of the email) and it runs graphics heavy games just fine, but when it comes to editors such as Unity, Unreal, and Adobe Premiere all of the programs will freeze / not respond after I click certain certain items in the toolbars. For Unreal it would freeze when I clicked blueprints, world settings etc, and then for unity it would freeze when I clicked gizmos.

If anyone has an idea of how to diagnose the cause or give me advice on how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.
Here are my specs:

MSI Gaming Laptop GS60 2QE(Ghost Pro)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Version 1511. 16GB Ram.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5700HQ CPU @2.70GHZ 64 bit operating system with a x64-based processor.

Graphics / Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M. The latest version I downloaded 368.69.

I’m also having the same issue
here are my specs :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
RAM : 16.0 GB
GPU : RTX 3060 6GB (Laptop)

If any one got any solution feel free to message me on discord
Discord Id : Spyrude

Hi Amit,
Welcome to the community.
You’ve replied to a post that is 8 years old and the user will have been referring to Unreal engine, probably 4.16 or possibly older.

That being said, the issue is most likely a driver issue.

Are you taking part in any of the gamedev courses here or did you find this post via a search engine?

I’m experiencing freezing problems in Unreal Engine 5.3 even after reinstalling the drivers and i have enorlled “Unreal Engine 5 C++ Developer: Learn C++ & Make Video Games” in udemy. So will there be any other soultion4
?

The course does state 5.0 and suggests using that version to follow the course. Have you tried that version?

@DanM Do you have any additional suggestions?

When does it freeze?

When creating sub class blueprint

I’ll try that and update the situation

While creating sub class blueprint

From a student on Udemy:

There are two workarounds that doesn’t affect changing anything on your windows environment and causing inconvenience. (I think the second is the best workaround imo).

1. Add a second monitor as extended display and move the Editor to the extended display (which is always on the left). The popup will then show up on the primary display (ie a full display width to the right).

2. have all pop-windows set to dock as a tab in your main editor window by doing this:

Go to Edit->Editor Preferences.

In General-Appearance section, change the “Asset Editor Open Location” field from “Default” to “Main Window”. Now all the asset pop windows will instead dock as a tab in the main editor window.

1 Like

The second option worked.
@beegeedee @DanM Thanks for the Help

Privacy & Terms