Unity3D rotate Skybox upwards and downwards

I am not happy with the current angle of my skybox, and I want to rotate it upwards, so that the planets in the sky can be seen

However, in the Inspector panel, you can only rotate it left and right and I could not find any way to do what I want in the Internet. If is there anyone who knows how to do it, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi Burak,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

In which course and lecture are you?

Hi, it is not related to the courses, I just want to know if it is doable or not

Theoretically, it is possible. See this solution. They are constantly rotating the skybox but you could simply modify the code and rotate the skybox only once.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice in our official Discord chat.

See also:

Thank you for your interest, I have already asked that question in Discord server but no one could solve it. And unfortunately, the solution in that link is not working as well. When writing the code:

RenderSettings.skybox.SetFloat("_Rotation", int);

It reaches for the Rotation parameter that is selected in my picture, which is only able to rotate left and right (if I wrote “_Exposure” instead of “_Rotation”, it would imply for the Exposure parameter there).

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms