Unity Turn Based Strategy Game - Error

Hello guys,

I started doing the Turn Based Strategy Course and when importing the wall in the post processing video I get an invisible wall and this error message in console (using an M1Pro Macbook Pro):

Shader error in ‘SyntyStudios/Prototype_Global_URP’: invalid subscript ‘AbsoluteWorldSpaceNormal’ at line 383 (on metal)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: Universal Forward, Fragment program with _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _REFLECTION_PROBE_BLENDING _REFLECTION_PROBE_BOX_PROJECTION _SCREEN_SPACE_OCCLUSION _SHADOWS_SOFT
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DEBUG_DISPLAY DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DOTS_INSTANCING_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR INSTANCING_ON LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS_VERTEX _CLUSTERED_RENDERING _DBUFFER_MRT1 _DBUFFER_MRT2 _DBUFFER_MRT3 _LIGHT_COOKIES _LIGHT_LAYERS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_SCREEN

I tried converting Materials to URP but this also gives me Error signs. Anything I can do about it?

Hmm what Unity version are you using? Make sure you’re using 2022.1 or later
If you’re using 2021 then the shader might have problems loading since I added some changes in 2022.1 which won’t load on previous versions.
If you’re using 2021 and you really really want to use that one you can unpack the URP package in the assets, that will overwrite the changes that I made and you can then upgrade the materials from Built-in to URP
Although I encourage you to use the same version that I’m using.

1 Like

Of course it had to be something stupid on my end… I downloaded the 2022 Version you suggested and - out of habit - created my project on the old 2021 editor.

Sorry for wasting your time on this one, thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms