Unity Script Compile time

Before when I used unity (A long time ago) the scripts just ‘sorted’ themselves out. Now when I change a script it give me a little compile loading bar, what is causing it to take longer

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Which version of Unity did you use in the past? Which version do you use now?

Unfortunately, Unity has become a bit slow in the past years regarding the compile time. From what I know, there is no way to speed it up. Even the compilation of little scripts is rather slow.

I found this video on Youtube but if you just follow the instruction without knowing what you are doing, it might be that you will eventually stumble upon problems. Read the marked comment.

If you want to do some research yourself, look for “Unity compile time slow” or something like that on the internet. There are probably a few more potential solutions. Don’t download anything from dubious sources just because some anonymous person on the internet shares a link or mentions a program.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server.

Did this help? :slight_smile:

See also:

Hi Nina

I believe I used 2018 or 2019 before.

It is very helpful to know that its just how unity works now and that I don’t have a setting wrong.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms