Unity Remote 5

Hello!
I installed Unity Remote 5 on the Google App store and followed the steps shown by Ben
(Project Setting > Editor: Device - Any Android Device) -> Connect the phone -> Turn Unity off then on -> Clicked Play

But nothing is happening. Can anyone help me on this?

Note: I’ve also done checking the Developer’s Option and USB connection type. Everything is set just right.

1 Like

Most probably you need to install on your PC the Android SDK, and pass its directory to Unity in the Preferences.

1 Like

(Im using unity 5.5.0f3, unity remote 5 and i’ve got windows 7)
As @Galandil says, you probably neeed to install the android sdk.
i follow this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R8dVJr6Asw) to dont get confused and it worked
also i followed these pages if doesn’t work:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-sdksetup.html
https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3wROHMJBDU)

and if you are trying to download the usb drivers this comment of the previous video worked for me:

Charles:
After installing ADB Interface, select your phone in Device Manager and click on Update Driver - > Browse my computer for driver software - > Let me pick from a list of device drivers… - > and install ADB
This works for me (GSmart Roma R2)

1 Like

I was unable to do the remote testing.
I have both sdk and jdk installed, and got their path configured on the Unity preferences and Unity remote is set to “any android device”.

There’s something Ben showed on this video that is the “Allow mock locations” option, and it is a different option on my smartphone (motog3). It says “Select mock location app”.

androidTest

and when I click on it this shows up:
androidTest (2)

I suppose I should be able to select the Unity remote app but it did not show :frowning:
I was able to debug other android apps on android studio before though, so I’m not sure why it is happening.

Edit: Also the PTP option does not show up.

Edit 2: I followed Akshat tips on udemy, basically close Unity and open it again. It’s kind of inconvenient though, since I need to do that everytime I want to test on android.

I have the same problem, can’t add an mock location app.
I have a Nexus 5.

Same issue here. Not so interested in creating mobile content anyway, most of the work I’m likely to do is on a VR device (vive currently) but would like to try it out.

Could be a lack of android SDK.

I am also facing the same issue.
I did all that was told in the lecture for an android device.
I also have android sdk all set upped.
The workaround I found was to build and run the game instead. But it is a time consuming task to build the game every single time for testing.
Also I found nothing on the unity forums.
Is there any other settings required to be tweaked? Does the mock app location setting necessary? Because it just shows select an application to set up mock location.

I am currently using an android 7.0 phone and the Unity Remote 5 application.

I had the same type of problems. Had to load fakegps app for the mock location and use it. Also, installed new drivers for my device on my computer and loaded a new version of Android SDK. I rebooted everything and it started working.

In order to get remote to work properly you have to follow each step in this link Unity Remote 5 Android Also for the newer phones the Mock location app selection will be no apps. You can ignore this step,

Make sure you close Unity before you connect and open unity remote. You also have to stay connected to your pc. It took me a long time to get it working.

To be honest once I finally have the app working and saw the results. It was a waste of time. You will see better results when you get to the part of the course where you do the build and place it on your android device. If you plan on getting your game in Google Play you will need to set up a Developer account. It costs $25. This is a one time fee. YOU will have to have patience because Google play does not have a concise tutorial. After googling and trial and error you will be able to publish your game. Itunes and Microsoft charges an annual fee of $99.

What version ogf Unity are you using? Unity Remote 5 needs Unity 5.4 or higher. If you are following the course and are running Unity 4.6 then that could be the reason it is not working.

Thanks Greg!

Worked like a charm for S8!

@Serg You are welcome.

Hi,
After reading a lot of tutorials, I’m still having problem with Unity remote.
I am using:
Unity 2020.1.1f1 (but also the 2019 versions were problematic)
Unity remote 5
Moblie: OnePlus 5T A5010

All of the settings are fine (inside Unity preferencess, SDK, drivers, PTP…),
I am lunching the app and connect the phone before lunch Unity
And no response…
I am pressing Play and nothing changed in the remote app…

I would like to get some help -
I lost hope :frowning:
There in another checks that I can make?

Thanks.

Privacy & Terms