Unity Lamp

The reason I started learning Blender in the first place was to be able to import original models into original games. Had I been less tenacious with this model and challenge, I would have given up. I did give up. However, I returned. The problem I’m having with Blender as an application is that it is very obtuse. It tends to offer less intuitive and too complex solutions for many – what seem to me to be – simple tasks. For instance the keyframes are so clumsy and unwieldy. It’s hard to really nail an animation without using the graph editor or dope sheet.
Here’s hoping I can finish the course.

hope you stay on the track of trying tho finish the course so you can benefit from it, what are you going to use Blender for mainly?

Thanks for the encouragement, aceas. I hope to stay on course too. However, this is not the first time the Blender application has frustrated me. I hope that once I get a handle on all the tools, I can use Python to make them more intuitive and user friendly for me. The Bunny (and I love Bunnies) is not happening for me either: the sculpting tools feel very clumsy. So I’m not liking the animation or sculpting tools so far. I can see from the comparative absence of current messages that I may not be alone in my frustrations.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms