Unity Crashes when I follow block beaker video! Please help!

Whenever I go to the script execution order, and fix the order (as it is to be in the video lecture), when I then test play the game, I can move around for a little bit and then unity crashes and isn’t able to fix itself.

I decided to skip the sxript execution then, but when I have done the Lock and launch methods, the ball is no longer stuck to the platforms but rolls around on it, eventually falling off, if I move the platform too fast/too much.

Edit: It resolved itself when I updated unity to a newer version, but the ball wont stick to the paddle now. I will continue tomorrow to see if I can resolve it or not on my own! Thanks for the tip tho!

Hi Mattias,

One of the reasons Unity often crashes, as in a proper crash not just your code throwing an error, is because of circular references / cyclic behaviour. All the memory gets used up and then Unity stops working. It may be beneficial to rule out any such issues - I’m not aware of other reasons why changing the script execution order would make Unity itself crash.

Privacy & Terms