Unity Board Game course?

Hello,
I’ve gotten involved with a project which involves me learning Unity/C#, the game we’re going to make is a non-traditional card game (no deck, involves a dealer facing the player). I’m going to be learning the courses for Unity 3D (going for a 2.5D kind of game). I recall there used to be a Unity Board game course which seems to be removed now from Udemy, was this consolidated into another course on Gamedev.tv? Or is that no longer something I can access in any capacity?

I think you might be referring to “The Board Game Developer: Become A Game Design Ninja”. It was removed and it never got an update. If you bought it you can still access it, at least in Udemy, not sure about GameDevTV’s own platform. If you truly want it, I suppose you could ask the GameDevTV to grant you access for a fee, just keep in mind, it has nothing to do with Unity, it’s about game design

There’s a course imparted by James Doyle, a somewhat well known instructor, where he teaches to create a combat card game in Unity, not sure how good it is, but it has good reviews.

I also found an Udemy instructor, Octo Man, this person has a lot of courses that teach how to create tabletop games, like Monopoly, Uno, and so on. The courses have good reviews but they might be inaccurate since the students count is quite low.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming the contents of the course. I never got it when it released so I wanted to see if it would of benefitted the project I’m on and some courses here did get combined/improved to become something else. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking it. However I appreciate the alternatives suggested, I’ll buy the Udemy course on a sale and consider looking into Octo Man as well.

Thank you again for your response. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms