Unity acquires ProBuilder and gives it to EVERYONE!

So for anyone who was ever looking at the Pro Builder tool (the pro version with all the bells and whistles, which was like 50 bucks or even more. ) Unity as integrated it and other Pro Core tools into base Unity, all editions including the personal one. aka free.99
I think it’s awesome for quickly prototyping a level, I have been using the free version. But it’s more powerful than that (still getting deep into it)

Currently it’s still an asset store download (but it’s now free) but if you get the Unity 2018 beta it is integrated in it.

Check it out.

And a quick (on topic) plug, I uploaded a video to my Project Boost project post that shows the level I blocked out pretty quickly using only the basic features of Pro Builder (in fact all my other levels were made with the free version). The video does not show me actually using the tool, but you can see the untextured blocked out level that I made with the polygon creation tool. Zoom to 46 seconds if you don’t care about the first part of the video.

If you are interested in more about Magma Runner (Project Boost) I have a GameDev.TV post here

Privacy & Terms