Unity 2020.1.12f1 and VS2019 not compatable

When using VS2019 I get the error Assembly-CSharp (incompatible)
When using VS2017 the program compiles.
I have installed all teh VS2019 tools including Game Development Unity and C++

Hi @thehat,

Do you have any question or problem that you would like to get solved? If so, elaborate a bit further on it. At the moment, I don’t know what you would like to do. If VS 2017 works for you, use VS 2017.

Did you also install the .NET framework? That’s what we need to write C# code.

Does MonoBehaviour have the same colour as your classname? If not, there might be a problem with Visual Studio. Please watch lecture “Fixing Visual Studio Problems” (currently #4).

Yes I watched the Fixing Problems. Looked up issues others had at microsoft and Unity. I am sure I have .Net frameworks but will make sure. The reason I want to use the 2019 is because I am programming a lot of other projects that make it easier if I have the same settings and features. Some only work with VS 2019 correctly. This problem has shown in past versions back in 2103 - 2015. I was looking for ideas that might work. UPDATE I did not have the .NET for C but still have the same problem after installing it. I will move this question to Unity because it is more a technical problem. Thanks for the possible solutions.

I don’t know if you already tested the good old “uninstall and reinstall” approach. If you didn’t, do that.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms