Unexplained code changes between lectures

It seems again, following the lectures there are code changes made off-screen that haven’t been in the videos? We were left with some scene loading code in the music player that is not visible in the videos. Again, in previous lectures it seems there is extra work being done that is not explained :confused:

1 Like

Hi,

Might be worth posting this on the Udemy Q&A for the specific lecture and give an example, either with the code or perhaps with the time frame of the issue so that it can be looked into. Each course has a student instructor who triages the questions raised by students and then, where necessary, will bring them to the attention of the instructors if they are unable to answer them themselves. If there is a lack continuity in a lecture then it is good for the instructors to know as it will obviously affect a lot of students.

Does this not mean I am posting in the forum specific to this lecture? I followed the link from that specific lecture to the discussions. I have highlighted that is the scene loading code that has gone from the music player script.

Hi,

You screenshot and topic indicate you have posted in the sub-category on the forum for that lecture - but the students instructors and instructors provide support for course related questions via the Udemy Q&A, e.g. open the specific lecture within the course on Udemy and click the Q&A button, as opposed to the link for Discussion under resources.

Whilst you may get a response here which will help/resolve your issues, it is more often than not going to be from a fellow student, and for something related to that which you have raised, no fellow students are going to be able to correct any issues with the video content of the lecture :slight_smile:

Updated Thu Mar 01 2018 23:14

For your convenience, it’s section 4, lecture 96, Q&A link is at the bottom of the window;

See also;

Hi thetafferboy,

I think you’re talking about the separation of the code which was initially only in MusicPlayer.cs into two files which happened in the last part (after 06:40) of Lecture 92. Project Tidying Checklist.

Before this lecture MusicPlayer.cs looked like this:

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public class MusicPlayer : MonoBehaviour {

private void Awake()
    {
        DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject);
    }

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
        Invoke("LoadFirstScene", 2f);
	}

void LoadFirstScene()
    {
        SceneManager.LoadScene(1);
    }
}

If you watch the last part of Lecture 92. Project Tidying Checklist
you will see that @ben made a new script called SceneLoader.cs in which he moved the “SceneManagement” part of the code from MusicPlayer.cs

After this lecture the code looked like this:

MusicPlayer.cs

using UnityEngine;

public class MusicPlayer : MonoBehaviour {

private void Awake()
    {
        DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject);
    }
}

SceneLoader.cs

using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public class SceneLoader : MonoBehaviour {

// Use this for initialization
    void Start()
    {
        Invoke("LoadFirstScene", 2f);
    }

void LoadFirstScene()
    {
        SceneManager.LoadScene(1);
    }
}

You said “again” but I haven’t seen code changes that were made “off-screen” in any lecture.

Privacy & Terms