Unable to get Quad to show up in front of canvas/background

Hi everyone,

It seems I am having the same issue several have had before. I am unable to get my quad to show up in front of the canvas/background. I have tried:

1. Changing the layer
  2. Changing the Z Position value
  3. Several other things I no longer remember (lol).

I did see a post with a reference to a script that might show hidden settings. Unfortunately, I do not know how to apply the script in my project. I am including a screenshot to hopefully shed some light on my issue…

Any helps that points me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Frank,

I would do the following: Replace the Quad with an Image component. The game object must be parented to a Canvas. For the buttons, use Image instead of SpriteRenderer, for the stars display either Text or TextMeshProUGUI.

Did this fix it?

Thank you Nina for the very fast response. I will try the options you have detailed, if needed. I was really hoping to fix the issue of the quad displaying behind all other objects so I could continue following along with the video. Is this possible?..or should I just take the path you suggested? Thanks again for your help. :slight_smile:

It’s not. If you take a veeeeeery close look at Rick’s Quad, you’ll notice that his doesn’t work properly either. It’s actually covering the text but since its transparent, it’s not that obvious. If your Quad doesn’t show up at all, check the z-position and make sure it doesn’t share the same value with the background.

Thanks again. I have already adjusted the z position and it has no effect. It seems like it is a layering issue. However, I will try your previous suggestion and report back. :slight_smile:

I wanted to post an update on this issue. I believe I was able to figure out how to use the Quad and have it appear in front of my background. What I did was select the Quad game object and changed the Z coordinate to -5. Next, in the inspector, I changed the button material shader from default to Sprites/Default. This displayed the Quad in front of the background. I then adjusted the transparency on the shader so the background was again visible while still showing the Quad.

Material Shader Selection

I hope this helps anyone else running into this issue.

4 Likes

Good job, and thanks for sharing your solution! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms