Unable to create new component

Hi,

So while I am following lecture 89 about creating a new component, at first when I am trying to create a new project this showed up which is the first picture. Then the second window showed up and I clicked Yes. Then I opened the project and tried to add a component, this window then show up with the details shown on the forth picture.

So then I tried just closing it and compile myself in the project. It wont let me compile and the pictures below showed up as the error message. And the worldposition cpp file showed up on the VSCode, however, worldposition is not added as a new component under Custom in unreal engine. Could someone please help me with this please? Thanks in advance!!! Appreciate your help!!!

Try rebuilding.

Close Unreal and delete your Binaries and Intermediate folders then reopen your project rebuilding when prompted.

Hi Dan,
Thank you so much for responding. I have tried closing unreal and delete the whole buildesapce fold multiple times, I am not sure if that is what you mean by Binaries and intermediate folders. And the same problems happens every time that I try to create and build the project again. Is it some settings or missing files that is causing this issue? I followed every step of the lecture so I don’t think I missed any steps. Is there anything else that I can do to try to fix this issue because I can’t move on without able to build this project? Thank you so much and really appreciate your help!!!

They are folders within your Project directory. How much RAM do you have?

Hi Dan,
So I have the projects saved in F drive where the BullCows game and the tripleX are also saved there, and that is where I deleted the buildescape file. My computer is 8GB of RAM according to the specs shown on my computer. Also I had no issue when working with the two projects before the Buildescape. Thanks and appreciate your help!!!

I’m saying to delete these files in your project folder

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms