UI Image Fill Amount does not decrease

Jun ’ 22 - I am working on Unity 2D - Quiz Master - Simple Timer. My debug shows that the timer is counting down, but the UI Image (sprite artwork provided with course) does not decrease. I am able to manually reduce the image–a circle, filled, radial 360–by using the slider in the inspector. I have double checked my script, as well as trying different artwork for the image. Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

First of all, good job on analysing the problem. If the output in the console shows the expected values but nothing happens in Unity, it might be that the UI Image is not connected with the Timer component. Have you already checked that? Maybe there is a second Timer, for example, in your Assets folder. Things in the Assets folder are not in the scene and cannot be seen by the player.

See also:

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response! Problem resolved when I got to “Connecting the Timer” lecture and added timerImage.fillAmount = timer.fillFraction to Quiz script Update. Thank you very much for all of your time and help!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms