UI elements

Is there a way to check which UI elements they have used or must i just infer from looking at the inspector?

I’m not sure I’m understanding hte question.

When they use say a scrollview or a panel is there a way to check that the object is a panel? It doesnt say explicitly in the inspector.

Panels can be a bit trickier to spot in the inspector, as it makes sense to rename them so you know what the purpose of the panel is. Usually, the Panel will have a canvas Renderer and an Image component. Beyond that, it’s not much more than a glorified Image.

ScrollViews should be easier to spot, because they need at least one Scroll Bar, and there will be a script called Scroll Rect.

One of the best ways to learn to spot these components is to get in practice using them directly. There really isn’t a replacement for experience when it comes to working with the UI.

Another suggestion I make is with regards to prefabbed UI. You almost always want to turn auto save OFF, because sometimes a small change in the UI breaks things, and in a way that Undo doesn’t restore the UI to the state it was before you took the action.

thnx!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms