UI Builder - Flex Expand (Grow)

I’ve been trying to follow along so far, and was able to get things pretty close to the current video. Everything looks good in the UI with the task list stretching and expanding to fill space; however when I go to open the task list unity the Flexbox Grow doesn’t seem to be working:

I’ve tried changing whether I add the grow on the Hierarchy items are a stylesheet – neither way fixes the visual. Any ideas?

1 Like

This seems to be something that has changed in UI Toolkit. I’ve encountered similar behaviour lately, though I do remember it originally expanding. The Current Tasks should grow when you add tasks, but as of this writing, it doesn’t appear it will expand to make the completed document fill the window. The preview is misleading, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was experiencing as well. It’s not breaking, but honestly just a bit ugly.

I’ll take a look at reformatting in the style that I was thinking of prior to moving on – probably need to figure out some additional code as well – i.e.; if its possible to add new Scriptable Object SO’s directly form code to the project files.

Yep, you can create a new instance, and you can save it to a path. I’m not at the workstation at the moment, so I can’t give you the exact methods, but you CreateInstance a new SO, and then use AssetDatabase to save the asset to disk in the directory of your choice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms