UE5.3.2 Android Packaging error

Hi, I’m trying to package an Android AR project with Unreal Engine 5.3.2 and I’m getting the following build error.
Can someone please help me fix it?

I’m running Visual Studio 2022 17.6 and that didn’t fix it. I was running 17.9 but I read online that it was best to downgrade to 17.6

I have all the correct sdk’s and ndk’s as well as Android studio Flamingo.

I even have .net 6.0 installed.

Maybe a need to make a custom environment variable for .net?

I believe the issue is with the .Net framework and VS 2022.

It could be a toolchain issue?

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Running: D:\Unreal Engine Versions\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DotNet\6.0.302\windows\dotnet.exe “D:\Unreal Engine Versions\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” Android Development -Project=“D:\Unreal Engine Projects\AR_Image_Tracking1\UE_Project.uproject” -Manifest=“D:\Unreal Engine Projects\UE_Project\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml” -remoteini=“D:\Unreal Engine Projects\AR_Image_Tracking1” -skipdeploy -log=“C:\Users\M\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Unrea
l+Engine+Versions+UE_5.3\UBT-UE_Project-Android-Development.txt”
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Could not execute because the specified command or file was not found.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Possible reasons for this include:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): * You misspelled a built-in dotnet command.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): * You intended to execute a .NET program, but dotnet-D:\Unreal Engine Versions\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll UE_Project Android Development -Project=D:\Unreal does not exist.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): * You intended to run a global tool, but a dotnet-prefixed executable with this name could not be found on the PATH.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Took 0.31s to run dotnet.exe, ExitCode=1
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Unreal+Engine+Versions+UE_5.3\UBT-UE_Project-Android-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 2s
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Hi,
This community is for the support of GameDev TV Courses and not general Unreal Engine support. If I had an answer, I would give you the information but I don’t so I can offer two alternative locations to ask for help.
The first is the Unreal Developer forums.
Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
The second is the Unreal Source Discord which is an unofficial Discord for all things Unreal Engine.
Unreal Source Discord

Your best bet is to try one of these.

Good luck

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was using my Android project as example sorry, as this issue is happening with all projects that are built in UE 5.3.2
I’m actually studying all your Unreal Engine courses on Udemy and I have been for years.
I’ve even completed a fair few of them.

I can’t build any Windows applications in Unreal Engine 5.3.1 due to this bug.
So this issue is in relation to all my course
projects at the moment that are built in UE 5.3.2

I usually chat to Daniel on Udemy as he is part of your team and he usually helps me solve complicated bugs like this.

Can you please ask him to help as it seems like it’s a .net 6.0 and Visual Studio 2022 issue?

Did you want me to show you and example from one of the other course builds?

Thank you for your suggestions and I will explore them too.

All you help is appreciated.
Chat soon :slight_smile:

He’s unavailable at the moment so I’m doing my best to cover for him and he may be out for another week.

Sorry for the assumption. When I see a question like this that seems to be unrelated to a course (it happens a lot) then it is often someone who found the site, registered and asks a question and when I saw you registered a few hours ago, I assumed this was the case.

Regarding building, there was an issue with the latest vs 2022 update which has been causing issues. I’ll see if I can find the link and will get back to you with it.

Try this

https://community.gamedev.tv/t/compiling-issue-ue5-3/241963/2

I’m sorry I wasn’t more specific there it’s in relation to my courses I’m studying with you.
I’ll be more specific next time.
All good as I wanted to clarify this with you.
No problem, and Daniel deserves his holiday.
I’ve been chatting to Daniel for years from the Udeny.com support.
Thanks for your help as it’s appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much and I will try this :slight_smile:

Hi @beegeedee

I did some serious debugging and I figured out the solution:

1. The Unreal Engine install directory path had ’ symbol in one of the words in the path.
    the compiler was stripping out the ’ symbol and creating an incorrect path.
    I uninstalled UE 5.3.2 and installed the version with the correct path.
    This fixed bug 1.
  2. The second was the toolchain bug in VS 2022 17.9, which I followed Daniels solution.

The compiler is now packaging all my projects and I’m very happy right now.

Thanks for all your help mate as I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

@beegeedee hi there! New student and just wanted to clarify what are the best ways to connect and get support? I’m guessing it’s these forums? I see above it mentioned about interacting with TA Dan on Udemy and I just recently discovered the discord. Want to make sure I’m plugged into the community thanks!

The best way for a TA to support is to post against the correct tag (use the resource link in Udemy or resources here on this site to get to the right place)

This gives the TA information about which course and which lecture you’re requesting help for otherwise we have to ask and it delays the help process.

Also, don’t tag TAs. We get loads of messages every day and we check daily for new posts. Usually within 2 week days we will reply but often faster.

It’s also good to start a new post as existing ones may get overlooked.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Gotcha, yeah I usually make sure to find the tag for Unreal or Unreal CPP to be specific. I’ll be sure to be mindful of finding the most relevant tags. Thanks BGD!

Privacy & Terms