UE4 RPG Course

Please do it! :smiley:

Maybe start kickstarter campaign for this?

1 Like

I would be interested as well.

+1 C++ RPG Unreal

3 Likes

Late pile-on for this thread. My suggestion is to keep it Blueprints only, having a C++ focus will limit the interest in the course, especially from people not already in the GameDev.TV community. UE5 might be a good selling point point also. My preference would be for a 3rd person over-the-shoulder shooter with abilities (think The Outer Worlds, Outriders, Control, etc.) with some puzzle elements. Also, a greater emphasis on polish elements than the Unity RPG, with complete units on lighting, sounds effects and atmospheres, particles, etc. Unreal has so many great built-in or free modules, it would be great to explore how to use some of these, such as for dialogue.

This is exactly what we need! But ditch the Blueprints idea, it doesnā€™t make any sense, teach us how to use C++ (since itā€™s much harder), then itā€™s easy to pick up Blueprints. Also creating robust, well scaling systems with Blueprints doesnā€™t seem like a great idea.

The course should really teach us how to create reusable systems like what you did with Unity (SaveSystem and Inventory are really useful for every type of a game), crafting systems, while cool, donā€™t need to be in every single game made, so not too keen on that (although the more stuff we learn the better).

If I had to choose between having a crafting system and a procedural generation system, Iā€™d select the procedural system in a heartbeat!

And since itā€™s Unreal Engine 4/5ā€¦ How about teaching us how to make it multiplayer? Although thatā€™s not a requirement, since you already have the multiplayer course for Unreal, but just a thought, it would really help to see how to implement complex systems to work with Unrealā€™s built-in multiplayer support.

Just my useless two cents.

1 Like

I agree with a C++ RPG tutorial.

What you did with Unity version would be great coming to UE.

Iā€™d rather something focused on non multiplayer though - That would be better as a course on itself.

2 Likes

There is no shortage in Unity tutorialsā€¦ Unreal Engine needs more love. (Just leave the rudimentary C++ to PluralSight and focus on the game engine, plz.)

2 Likes

Please do this Iā€™d prebuy all 4 courses. Iā€™ve emailed them directly for this!

1 Like

+1 for such a course.

I would also like it very much if both C++ and blueprints are used, depending on which is better suited for the function to be implemented. EPIC itself has also in its learning library a own video about it ā€œbalancing blueprint and C++ā€. So i think its better for a intermediate course to dont limit the potential of the engine to the one or the other.

2 Likes

i would love to see this happening with c++ and ue5

1 Like

i love this idea and would bay it very happily can you pleas make a course like this (c++)

1 Like

+1 please just make a c++ rpg course for UE4/UE5 and make it intermediate/advanced level

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms