UE4.25 Unresolved external symbol in Creating Child class

I’m using Unreal engine 4.25. I have been able to follow all the other videos so far without any problems before. but this time:

after creating the child class if I compile, it work fine, but whatever I write after GENERATED_BODY()
causes when compiling:
“D:\Projects\CPPDev\ToonTanks\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ToonTanks-1473.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
PawnTank.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: __cdecl APawnTank::APawnTank(void)” (??0APawnTank@@QEAA@XZ)
PawnTank.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __cdecl APawnTank::APawnTank(void)” (??0APawnTank@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function “public: static void __cdecl APawnTank::__DefaultConstructor(class FObjectInitializer const &)” (?__DefaultConstructor@APawnTank@@SAXAEBVFObjectInitializer@@@Z)”

here is the path to my git project so you can check it out:

right now in the github repository inside PawnTanck cpp is comment so you can construct the project, if you un-comment the line after the word “public:” will fail.

thanks in advance!!!
Alberto.

Never mind!! my bad, once I implemented the function the constructor in the .cpp file it works fine.

Thanks any way!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms