TV-head little guy

animacio_ninot_gif

I am not sure if it took more time to figure out how to animate the little guy with a TV-shaped head or convert the animation into something usable, but finally (tadaaa!) I managed to complete this animation. I must say that I enjoyed it a lot.

Now a couple of issues: for some reason, I cannot apply the Subdivision modifier to the head while shaping it. Blender consistently crashed (even after repeatedly creating a new document), as soon as I added the “neck” block. Any idea as to when this could happen is welcome.

As a workaround, I made a block head, shaped it with some bevels and applied the subdivision after the animation was working, and there it is :woman_facepalming:.

Another question in this case is that sort of visible “joint” through the middle of the body where the mirror is applied (after applying colors, it is still visible on the chest, and only on the front face). It is fine in this case, but I cannot figure out why it happens. Any idea would be fine to take into account in future work (any work where this should NOT be there).

Thank you for your comments and help!
Ruth

2 Likes

Blender can crash if it has no memory because of too many subdivisions.
A subdivision of one or 2 is enough in most cases.

Thank you for your answer! I thought that could be it, unless there was an unfortunate sequence of events that could lead to this crash too (I am still not ready to change my good old laptop :wink:). I was trying with 2 subdivisions, so going down to 1 next time!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms