Trying to work out IK now

A bit more work to do on my scene, but quite happy so far. I haven’t found a way to get IK to work on my light with the parallel arms so I’m now re-rigging with normal FK. If anybody has an example of IK on such a rig I’d love to see it!!!

4 Likes

Did you do the ball by yourself. If so, impressive work!

1 Like

Thanks!

Confession time… I had a bit of help from a youtube video…
How To Create A Soccer Ball In Blender 2.8

It needs some weathering - its a little too clean to be realistic but I’m quite pleased so far. I want to make it rest on a book, which is proving a little more challenging. I really need to spend more time understanding texturing and materials, but that’s part of the journey…

3 Likes

Well then, you did a great job!
Making some realistic, is very very difficult.
And the problems aren’t the object them self.
But lighting and (complex) materials (textures).
These course will teach you the basics.

1 Like

One or two have made such double armed lamps and sorted pout the rigging. You might find them by searching the site. Its complicated!

All looking very nice so far.

Here’s what I did for mine, I think it follows a similar idea to what you’re doing here. I can send you a .blend file of the rig if you’re interested.

So I gave up on a full IK rig as I just couldn’t make it behave how I wanted, although I learned a lot about IK on the way. So here is the first snippet of animation - much more to do but good to see some output…

1 Like

Looking great so far.

Privacy & Terms