Trying to ShareMyGame.com with you all

Hi,

I am using Untiy 2021.1.2f1 and struggling to share games on SharemyGame.com

If I create a brand new Unity 3D project and then add the current scene, switch to WebGL, in player settings turn off compression and then select “build and run” the game loads up in chrome and works perfectly.

Then when I try and upload it by dragging the build folder onto sharemygame.com it gives me an error with the index file, anyone have any ideas?

Kurt

have you tried a lower version of unity, like 2020?
Also, might help if you share a screen shot of the error message (won’t make a diff to me as i won’t understand it anyway, but someone else might :D)

Not used ShareMyGame - have you tried itch.io? (It’s what I use)

Eddie, big thanks, I just tried itch.io and it works fine on there!

https://munkybunky.itch.io/drift-driving-unity-coding-club

You will need to make it full screen!

Kurt

Cool - have you published it as the link doesnt work?
[Or if you want to keep at draft find the sectret URL button ]

Try this one…

@Eddie your have taught me something today :slight_smile:

Kurt

Works now - I’m not good at controlling the car!
Nice boost bar, life bar, crash screen and boost trail

1 Like

First pic is from Safari web browser,… that’s full screen mode. Clearly something about itch and the way its set up isn’t happy. But on Firefox it worked fine. (i do have more issues in general on safari trying WebGL games, i can’t get them to respond at all using safari normally).
Second pics my best :).
I struggled a bit with the camera position being a bit close, and always facing same direction. Ended up watching mini map more than the main screen.
Fun speedy wizzy car set up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I sucked at this worse than any other game I’ve tried haha. I did like the cracked screen effect - it reminds me of a driving game I used to “play” as a kid, none of us knew how it worked or how to drive but you’d just be driving along and then you’d get the cracked screen and were dead. It turned out that it was because the revs were too high and you needed to change gear but then you’d run out of gears and the revs would still keep going up and cracked screen, game over. The only driving game I was ever good at was Buggy Boy lol

1 Like

Privacy & Terms