Trying to experiment with dusk + lamppost light - House

Right now just playing about with having 1 lamppost light (an area light placed inside the lamppost bulb) in what will be a dusk scene. Does anyone know why the light isn’t appearing with a yellow tint in the actual render compared to the Blender screenshot?
I’ve made the light have a yellow tint, as well as the bulb/case object being yellow too.

Worth mentioning too sorry, in the Blender program screen capture, i have created other lights too but in the actual render these are disabled (i’ve clicked on the camera symbols in blender to turn them off in the outlier)

1 Like

Ah but those other lights are not turned off for the full render only the viewport. To turn them off in the proper full render the little camera icon needs clicking. My guess is they are swamping out the pale yellow one.

Thanks @NP5. Other lights disabled. Tried changing to the Point light with a more distinct yellow this time and lowered it down, and still seems not as bright as it could be? The light bulb case has a yellow material on it too.
Might just be one i come back to when i have more knowledge on lights? Could the lack of experimenting with the other objects (like the house walls) and their material properties also be causing this?

1 Like

Update to this. I completely changed the light colour to blue, then did a render and it was pretty much the same washed out white.
I saved the file, closed Blender and restarted it. The file didn’t have a blue light, so i’m thinking my file is corrupted possibly. Realised i’m running on Blender 2.90.1 too so will try and update and see if anything is different.

2 Likes

Fixed! Updated to 3.1.2. Most importantly, deleted all the lights and just placed new ones :grin:
Super happy with it (for now)! Changed lamp post light to area again.

p

1 Like

Well done, must have been a bug as that is a bugfix update version I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms