Trouble with realtime lightning update

In the video Mike moving the bulb and light is updating in realtime. But when I do the same thing my bulb light recalculating only when I stop moving it and during the moving process light disappears.

Meanwhile I downloaded Mike’s blend file from github and everything works good.

1 Like

Maybe a Eevee glitch …
The be fast in the workbench, it renders the light last? But meanwhile, you are moving the lamp, so Eevee doesn’t have the time to do the light.

I don’t understand what workbench is. If it’s third render engine so I don’t see any lights when I use it.
And in Mike’s project eevee has time to do the light.

1 Like

The workbench is the UI you are working in. For working in the workbench you can select different viewport shaders. From left to right Wireframe, Solid, Material preview and Render.

The last one ‘Render’ depends on your 3D render selection (Eevee or Cycles). The others are basically Eevee related. When Eevee is involved, Blender uses some simple Eevee setup, to make working in the workbench, smoothly as possible. Fast mouse response etc.

Meaning, you use the focus of the Material preview shader. Which uses also Eevee, but to be fast on the workbench, Blender turns off a lot of Eevee features. Probably Eevee lamps too, if your machine is slow. That is my interpretation of your problem.

How many vertices / faces does your project have? Which influences the speed of things.

1 Like

Also check you location of your lamp inside the lamp. Does it collide with a face?

1 Like

Yeah it is the problem. I’ve took light source out from the bulb and it works nice. Thanks!

1 Like

Give the light bulb an ‘Emmisive shader’ … or turn emmision on it on , then no need for a light source.
Unless you want a spotlight. But don’t place a lamp inside a solid object ! (unless it is transparent.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms