Trouble rotating multiple objects

For some reason when I try to rotate both my roof and the body to 90 degrees in the Z axis, only the roof rotates (or whatever object is selected as yellow).

It only seems to work if I use the Rotate operation, but I cannot manually type in 90 degrees. Why is this?

1 Like

Check the Transform Pivot Point.
Check duplication. Check parent child relations.

2 Likes

Select both R 90 does not work?
Is the non rotating item locked in the rotation panel? (just out of cropped screenshot.)

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

1 Like

The Transform Pivot Point is that small orange dot correct? It seems to be in the center of the object.
From what I can tell there is no duplication.
I’ve noticed that only the last object that is selected is rotating. Would this have something to do with parent child relations?

Here, the base is selected second and is the only one that rotates

I’ve tried selecting them by box selecting (dragging the cursor) over them. I’ve also selected them both individually with shift and same result, only the last one selected rotates.

Thanks for that advice, here’s another screenshot and a gif

rotate_bug

1 Like

Okay so it turns out the Transform menu only works for the selected object (orange outline). In order to rotate multiple objects, only the rotate tool works. To rotate multiple objects precisely, you can enter in the degrees you want.

Example:

• Press r for rotate mode
  • Type 90 to rotate 90 degrees
2 Likes

Oh you were using those N panel boxes. I guess we are all so used to the R 90 way it seemed odd.

There is a logic that only the active object would move as the panel is the panel of one object, not both.
Well done solving the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had help from ThunderHamz in the gamedev discord server

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms