Trouble building game

The game works fine in the editor, but when I build and run the game, the UI does not scale correctly. But when I close and open unity, and then build the game, it works perfectly. I want to fix this because it is quite annoying to restart unity every time I want to build my game.

Did you set your canvas to scale with screen size and set the reference resolution to 1920 x 1080

As @MARNOs stated.
canvas scaler

Or maybe the buttons are not set to stay positioned into top left corner with padding.
transform inspector locking position top left

having just changed my unity version as i was having another issue, i have updated to the latest version of unity 2022 from 2021.
i have noticed the problem i think you are explaining going on, to fix it i just deleted all items out of the build folder and created a new build and run. it fixed the position of the buttons. they were overlapping each other and going to the top left corner at point 0 in both x and y even tho editor had different.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This worked, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms