Trophy Issue and Animation Curve Problem

Hi,

I’m having trouble with a couple of parts of this lecture. Firstly I can’t seem to grab the white lines on the animation curve editor to edit the trophy’s animation. For some reason when I click on any of the three white lines it doesn’t allow me to move them like it does for Ben.

Secondly I’m getting an error message saying “The Object you want to instantiate is null” whenever I try to place the trophy. It works perfectly fine when I am placing the cactus and as far as I can tell the script is correctly assigned to the trophy for Defender.

I feel the two might be connected as it did work placing the trophy before I messed around with the animation. Please can you help?

Thanks

Alex

Hi awallace,

Welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Could you share a screenshot of the white lines? Which version of Unity do you use?

Make sure the trophy button references the trophy prefab.

Remember you can also look at the lecture code changes via the link in the Resources of each lecture.

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your help, can’t believe I missed making the reference on the trophy button! That’s the second point fixed!

Regarding the animation curve this is what I can’t seem to grab with the cursor:

When looking back at the video Rick seems to be able to just grab one and move it but not sure why I can’t. I select “Top: Position” to highlight the whole section but doesn’t work.

EDIT: I’ve fixed it for now by deleting the whole animation for Top: Position and recording from scratch. That being said still couldn’t figure out how to grab the whole timelines like in the video.

Thanks

Alex

SHIFT + Left Mouse Button should do the trick.

1 Like

That’s done the trick! I could have sworn I tried keys with this but yeah that’s worked. Thanks very much :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms