Post below!

2 Likes

Here is my ASCII art intro

5 Likes

Hello,

I tried to use this ASCII art intro :

void PrintIntroduction()
{
    std::cout << "    ███        ▄████████  ▄█     ▄███████▄  ▄█          ▄████████ ▀████    ▐████▀ \n";
    std::cout << "▀█████████▄   ███    ███ ███    ███    ███ ███         ███    ███   ███▌   ████▀  \n";
    std::cout << "   ▀███▀▀██   ███    ███ ███▌   ███    ███ ███         ███    █▀     ███  ▐███    \n";
    std::cout << "    ███   ▀  ▄███▄▄▄▄██▀ ███▌   ███    ███ ███        ▄███▄▄▄        ▀███▄███▀    \n";
    std::cout << "    ███     ▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▌ ▀█████████▀  ███       ▀▀███▀▀▀        ████▀██▄     \n";
    std::cout << "    ███     ▀███████████ ███    ███        ███         ███    █▄    ▐███  ▀███    \n";
    std::cout << "    ███       ███    ███ ███    ███        ███▌    ▄   ███    ███  ▄███     ███▄  \n";
    std::cout << "   ▄████▀     ███    ███ █▀    ▄████▀      █████▄▄██   ██████████ ████       ███▄ \n";
    std::cout << "              ███    ███                   ▀                                      \n\n";

// Introduction to the game : Print messages to the terminal
    std::cout << "You are a mighty thief, and you finally found the heavy chest you were looking for in lord Dodley's mansion.\n";
    std::cout << "Unfortunately, the chest can't be transported and there is an unusual lock, forcing you to enter correct codes numbers to open it...\n\n";
}

sadly, it returns this :

ÔûêÔûêÔûê        ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê  ÔûäÔûê     ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûä  ÔûäÔûê          ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûÉÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ
ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûä   ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê         ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê   ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûî   ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ
   ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇÔûÇÔûêÔûê   ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûî   ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê         ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûÇ     ÔûêÔûêÔûê  ÔûÉÔûêÔûêÔûê
    ÔûêÔûêÔûê   ÔûÇ  ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûäÔûäÔûäÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûÇ ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûî   ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê        ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûäÔûäÔûä        ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ
    ÔûêÔûêÔûê     ÔûÇÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇÔûÇÔûÇÔûÇÔûÇ   ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûî ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ  ÔûêÔûêÔûê       ÔûÇÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇÔûÇÔûÇ        ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûä
    ÔûêÔûêÔûê     ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê        ÔûêÔûêÔûê         ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûä    ÔûÉÔûêÔûêÔûê  ÔûÇÔûêÔûêÔûê
    ÔûêÔûêÔûê       ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê        ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûî    Ôûä   ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê  ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûê     ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûä
   ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ     ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûÇ    ÔûäÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûÇ      ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûäÔûäÔûêÔûê   ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê       ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûä
              ÔûêÔûêÔûê    ÔûêÔûêÔûê                   ÔûÇ

You are a mighty thief, and you finally found the heavy chest you were looking for in lord Dodley's mansion.
Unfortunately, the chest can't be transported and there is an unusual lock, forcing you to enter correct codes numbers to open it...

The top of the chest displays something...
+ There are three numbers in the code
+ The codes add-up to: 14
+ The codes multiply to give: 36

Is there a way to correctly display the title, or should I use another art?

1 Like

Looking around it would appear that std::cout can only output ASCII characters to the terminal, so for example a £ symbol doesn’t have an ASCII code so it gets rendered as accented characters.

I’m assuming the particular character in your ASCII art also does not have an actual ASCII code and so can’t be displayed.

There are suggestions online to use UTF-8 to display the text and also suggestions to use std::wout to help but nothing really says how to do this properly.

This is the article I found in case it helps you find an answer:

1 Like

Mine is pretty lame compared to the other’s but I’m still proud I got it to work.

Triple%20X%20ASCII%20Intro

20 Likes

Thanks for your reply ! :slight_smile:

I tried the std::wcout option but it still didn’t display correctly.
I also tried something like std::cout << char(219) << " " << char(219); wich works and displays “█ █” but it is wayyyyyy too long to replace all the art with things like that (and it becomes unreadable in the code).

So the most simple way was to replace the ascii art with something else :

/###           /                          ###                   ###          ##
 /  ############/            #               ###                 /####       ####  /
/     #########             ###               ##                /   ###      /####/
#     /  #                   #                ##                     ###    /   ##
 ##  /  ##                                    ##                      ###  /
    /  ###     ###  /###   ###        /###    ##      /##              ###/
   ##   ##      ###/ #### / ###      / ###  / ##     / ###              ###
   ##   ##       ##   ###/   ##     /   ###/  ##    /   ###             /###
   ##   ##       ##          ##    ##    ##   ##   ##    ###           /  ###
   ##   ##       ##          ##    ##    ##   ##   ########           /    ###
    ##  ##       ##          ##    ##    ##   ##   #######           /      ###
     ## #      / ##          ##    ##    ##   ##   ##               /        ###
      ###     /  ##          ##    ##    ##   ##   ####    /       /          ###   /
       ######/   ###         ### / #######    ### / ######/       /            ####/
         ###      ###         ##/  ######      ##/   #####       /              ###
                                   ##
                                   ##
                                   ##
                                    ##
3 Likes

This is my ascii art for Triple X:
TripleX-Ascii
It was my first time doing ascii art, so I’m quite proud of it.

7 Likes

Just so people don’t feel bad about putting up there’s here’s 1 of the worst examples you’ll find. I mean I really wanted to try and add a hacking tool as well… but I know if I start I’ll spend the next week perfecting it.

4 Likes

ASCII%20Work

6 Likes

Awesome work people! Loving the ASCII art.

@Kalvix it looks great!

1 Like

My horrible sense of humor.

13 Likes
         ,   ,
     ,-`{-`/
  ,-~ , \ {-~~-,
,~  ,   ,`,-~~-,`,

,, { { } } }/ ; ,--/\ \ / / }/ /,/
; ,-./ \ \ { { ( /,; ,/ ,/
; / } }, --.___ / , ,/,/
| ,, ~.___,---} / ,,/ ,,; { { __ / ,/ ,,;
/ \ \ _,,{ ,{,;
{ } } /~\ .-:::-. (–, ;\ ,},; \\._./ / / , \ ,:::::::::, ~; \},/,; ,-=--…-/. ._ ;:::::::::::; ,{ /,; { / , ~ . ^~\:::::::::::<<~>-,,, -, ``,_ } /~~ . . ~ , .~~\:::::::; _-~ ;__,,-/\ /~, . ~ , ’ , . ::::;<<<~``` ``-,,__ ; / .\ / . ^ , ~ , . . ~\~ \\,,
/ , ,. ~ , ^ , ~ . . ~~~`, `-`--, \ / , ~ . ~ \ , ` . ^ ` , . ^ . , ` .`-,___,---,__
/ . ~ . \ ~ , . , , . ~ ^ , . ~ , .~---,___ / . , . ~ , \ ~ , . ^ , ~ . , ~ . ^ , ~ .-,

-Daniel Hunt-

The code to the secret genetic enhancer mechanism was hidden in the safe…
It was the most secure safe of that era, it required an unprecedented effort to crack this code…
a team of 15 people attempted to open the safe, unfortunately the security mechanism killed the majority of them…
it was left to one individual to make one last attempt to open the safe…
You need to enter the correct codes to continue…

There are 3 numbers in the code

The codes add up to: 9
The codes multiply to give: 24

Here’s my attempt!?

its not quite come out

16 Likes

6 Likes

Give yourself a pat on the back! This is amazing!

I chose one off https://www.asciiart.eu/ and I think I made it harder on myself than I needed to since it contained so many escape characters.

//ASCII Art
    std::cout << "   ,    ,    /\\   /\\ \n";
    std::cout << "  /( /\\ )\\  _\\ \\_/ /_\n";
    std::cout << "  |\\_||_/| < \\_   _/ >\n";
    std::cout << "  \\______/  \\|0   0|/\n";
    std::cout << "    _\\/_   _(_  ^  _)_\n";
    std::cout << "   ( () ) /`\\|V\"\"\"\"V|/`\\ \n";
    std::cout << "     {}   \\  \\_____/  /\n";
    std::cout << "     ()   /\\   )=(   /\\ \n";
    std::cout << "     {}  /  \\_/\\=/\\_/  \\ \n";

However, I think it turned out to be a good lesson in “escaping” escape characters and I’m happy with the result. If there was a better way to include those escape characters in the string I’d appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

Went with a simple “TripleX” logo

4 Likes

Amazing stuff people! It’s really great to see. Keep it coming!

Did this with one of the ASCII generators (http://patorjk.com/software/taag/#p=display&f=Graffiti&t=Type%20Something%20) on Google, looks pretty cool:
JPG

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms