Triangle count totally changed when reopened file

Hi… I have no idea what I did! I spent hours making my lamp base (actually 3 versions for practice) and had the geometry down to around a 1000 or so on each. Saved the file. I opened it up just now and the count had changed to over 25,000 on 2 of them and they are absolutely dense with lines/faces etc.

I had applied the subdiv surfaces and now I can’t go back. But that doesn’t make any sense either because after I applied last night, the geometry count didn’t change before I saved. it’s just totally different today. I also opened the blend1 file and it’s the same.

1 Like

It still looks, like you applied the subsurface modifier.

• Always save version of your projects. If you choose Save As, there is a (+) sign behind your filename, which increases the file version number . It very handy tool.

• You could also accidentally switched of the realtime viewport option

• You can also use the Decimate modifier. Which is the reverse of subdivision.

Don’t give up.
We all have experienced these problems, by accidentally clicking an option.
Or using the wrong keystrokes at the wrongs panels.

Good luck!

Thanks. I haven’t given up yet. Don’t plan on it. My old brain doesn’t catch on as quickly as it used to - but it’s still just as stubborn

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms