Trees don't have materials

Hi, the trees I imported do not contain any textures. I tried Rick’s asset and another paid asset from the unity asset store. And both of them don’t work. I reopened Unity many times. I use Unity 2021.3.71f.

1 Like

Hi,

Have you already tried to restart Unity? Also try to click the right mosue button in the Assets folder, then on “Reimport all”.

When following Rick’s course, I encountered a similar problem, with some of the materials of the trees not loading and therefore possessing a pink colour. After doing some googling, I managed to find a solution to the problem in a video I found. The problem and solution is explained best in the video, but (as far as I understand) it is caused by the shaders of your materials not matching the selected shader of graphics found in the project settings (Edit > Project Settings > Graphics > Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings). I solved my problem by changing the shader of my materials to Unlit/Transparent, but the solution may be different for you depending on your project setting’s graphics. I would recommend watching the video to find a solution.

Video Link: How to fix Pink Materials in Unity - YouTube

2 Likes

Hi Daizal,
Thanks for helping me with it. The video you sent solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms