Trees far from camera are blue

Trees on the certain distance from camera becoming blue in both game\editor mode.

NB! My terrain tools converted rendering pipline into HDRPA. Trees from my package was pink first, but I converted them all using Edit > Rendering…

It worked, trees get a proper look, but now they are blue on the specific distance from camera. How to fix? Help plz

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Which version of Unity do you use? Have you already tried to update?

If you use the same trees as Rick, you have to use Unity’s built-in render pipeline, not the HDRP or URP. If converting the materials in Unity does not work, the assets are incompatible with the render pipeline your project uses.

Please use the built-in render pipeline.

See also:

Hey, thanks for an answer!

Im using Unity 2021.16.f1.

Im not using same assets pack as Rick since it is not available in Unity Store anymore. I found different tree packs, including the one with HDRP support, but issue is still the same.

And when Im switching back to standart pipline my terrain becomes pink…

UPD

I started new project, no HDRP this time. Now my trees have a proper textures, but shadows disappears starting from some distance from camera. Please, help… I cannot proceed with course…

SOLVED

So I managed to solve this one.

1. You need to increase bilboard distance in terrain settings
  2. You need to increase shadow distance in Edit > Project Settings > Quality > Shadow Distance

Worked for both HDRP and regular render piplines.

1 Like

Good job, and thanks for sharing your solution! :slight_smile:

Just a little information in case your game becomes laggy: A low shadow distance value increases the performance of your game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms