Trees disappear when zooming out with camera

Hello, i’ve been trying to find a solution for this myself but I cant seem to make it work wathever settings im touching and I dont want to mess up anything. Basically, if camera is too far from the trees I placed on my terrain, they will all disappear and come back as I get the camera closer. This is a problem as the ship might not fly directly above the trees and I still want to be able to see them.

My project is a 3D URP using the urp renderer.

Here’s the package for trees im using from the asset store : Conifers [BOTD] | 3D Trees | Unity Asset Store

The conifer trees have LOD groups on them. They are designed to disappear when they are too far from the camera, because there’s no need to render them if they can’t be seen.
You could go into the tree’s prefab and mess with the LODs, but you may not have much success. LODs work on the size of the tree in the viewport and if they are far away, they will disappear. If you have to, disable the LOD group. But it will cause a dip in performance

hey there is a solution on another topic: Tree drawing distance - #2 by Nina

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms