Traveller's Respite - Duplication Challenge

First off, I’m going to say I do have some experience with Blender, so this isn’t a fresh start though its been almost a year since I spent any serious time with it.

Generally, it’s been a good feeling coming back to it. I was a lot more free about doing whatever I felt like than I was when I started out, which brings me to my second point: I spent way more time on this than i would like to admit (in excess of 15 hours I’m sure). But it was fun, so I guess it was worth it.

Remembered a lot of shortcut keys during this process and was actually comfortable using snapping for once. If there was one thing that kind of frustrated me, it was duplicating / moving parented object groups between collections (had to select the entire hierarchy every time - guess I got spoiled by Unity on that one).

4 Likes

We all have experienced this. But it can be overcome by more practice. Do many small projects.Don’t set your goal too high, keep have fun. That’s more important.

2 Likes

Looking good. I gave up counting hours long ago!

Select the parent in 3D view, Ctrl numberpad+
Drag parent to another collection in outliner or in 3D view press M to move to another or new collection.

2 Likes

Thanks for that - that works (didn’t cross my mind to use ‘select more’ outside of the editor and its pretty effective for this. I don’t have a number pad though, so I’ve added the action to quick favorites, seeing as I’ll probably use it often.

Yeah. That kind of mindset definitely helps. The way I kind of look at this was a project comprised of a bunch of smaller projects - some using online reference pictures more than others and hopefully accumulating a bit of a library of what works right.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms