Traveler's Respite - First Render

Here are my renders in:

Eevee -

Cycles -

I’m guessing the reason they’re so different is like Mikey said in regards to different features between the two render engines (perhaps certain things I’ve done that are not supported in cycles - like modifying parameters of the lights.

(I seem to also have my cycles set up really weird, as it was rendering out in huge blocks - like 2.2x. I think that has to do with tile size - but I’ll wait for the course to deal with it or otherwise fiddle around myself.)

3 Likes

Looks good.

Render engines are slightly different. Eevee is the less good one that puts speed over quality. So much to turn on to get towards Cycles. Both have their adherents depending on what they are wanting to do.

You have Blender 3! New Cycles. It renders all at once now sorts its own tiles out. My 4k renders do 2 big squares and then a small band left at the top. Would be faster too if my Graphics card was not ancient and can’t cope.

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s exactly what I was seeing in my render - two huge squares and a little band.

I did download 3.0 fresh when I started this but wasn’t aware that was a feature. Takes about 100x as long in cycles (which I’m hoping is expected) - the tiles are what threw me off.

1 Like

Yes expected behaviour Cycle slow but true, Eevee precocious fast and ‘careless’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Render smaller images (3800x2600) is realy big and you need to wait longer.

1 Like

Those are some pretty nice details you have in there, with the little models, as well. Very cool!

1 Like

It is interesting, watched the Rob Tutel free (rambling course), pre his update. He talks of 4k as becoming standard and will start to need to do 8k renders. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: As fast as rendering gets better the images expected get more demanding! :rofl:

2 Likes

Nice renders! Love all the little items on the table and tree stump!

1 Like

Yeah, I can imagine - customers eyes rarely get less demanding except for nostalgia.

Not quite there yet though :laughing:, so if it really starts slowing down I’ll look into halving the renders. At this point its the difference between seconds and minutes though, so Ill just step away for a drink of water.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms