TRAIL BLAZER QUEST: Hell of a learning curve!

I was inspired by the trail blazer quest and a twitch stream where Rick said “don’t worry about perfect code, just make something that works and is cool…”

I learnt so much doing this, has been ever spare minute I have had over the last week and a half and I loved (almost) every minute of this learning journey… please check it out and let me know your thoughts!

4 Likes

Nice.
I liked the music :metal:
I probably would have liked it to be more obvious early on why I was dieing as it was a bit rushed.
It also took a while to realize what was going on with the archways.
Around levels 4/5/6 I was getting a little bored as I had the hang on it then along comes level 7 and death death death - some of the jumps seemed impossible.
May try again later.
Well done

Hi @EddieRocks thanks for the constructive feedback, I have recieved similar from some friends I asked to play after I posted.
Will make a few tweaks to see if I can improve it!
As the levels and platforms are randomly generated it is tricky to get the balance right but will do some work on this to level out the challenge as much as I can.

Have got some good feedback including @EddieRocks so made some changes…

I have added:
Text feed back when you level or die
Standard and hard mode
better sequencing of platforms to make the game more enjoyable early and not so challenging suddenly
Extra lives are also now retained on levelling and an indicator to show you can have a max of 5 lives added

Hopefully this feels more balances and enjoyable!

Privacy & Terms