Tour of the Temple of the Sorrowful Monkey

Woo Hoo! I’m so stoked that I was able to import my pyramid project into Unity, apply a few components and walk around it. It gives my project a whole different perspective viewing it scaled up. I hope you enjoy your tour.

9 Likes

Looks great!

Will have to give some unity imports a try once I am further through the modules. Really does bring it alive!

2 Likes

It was shockingly easy. I’ll look forward to seeing your imports.

Way to go. Looks great. I am about to try a Unity import. I have used Unity a little bit. Still a lot to learn about it and this powerful tool know as Blender.

1 Like

@Rick_Bruce Awesome! I definitely will be exporting my pyramid into Unity as my brother fiddles with programming and game design in his spare time. It would be awesome to export you temple or castle or pyramid (or really any environment) into Unity, and then walk around in a world that YOU created using VR!

Great work!

2 Likes

THAT IS SICKKK DUDEEEEEE. I cant wait till i can do the same thing. What is the story of the sorrowful monkey temple?

1 Like

LOL! You’d think that there would be a story, right? I just love the fact that blender has a primitive object that is a monkey’s head. I put her in my airplane and used her to decorate my pyramid. I thought she had sad eyes, but on further reflection, she’s smiling. Go figure.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look forward to seeing a walk through of your work.

Cheers,
Rick

Thanks for this. I wasn’t going to even think about Unity for a while if at all but I am now going to give it a bit of a try.

It was actually really simple.

Regards,
Rick

It is so cool I did not know you can walk around in Unity. I have to heavily look into Unity starting now. :slight_smile:

It look me a bit to find out how to import the blender file into Unity. For those who do not know how to export a file to blender to Unity: in blender you have to click on File, Export, FBX and Save. From Unity Click on Assets, and click on your file. The rest is explained on our lecture tutorial.

Amazing work. Looks amazing

Fly by camera movement, is also possible in Blender.
You will learn, in lessons to come.

Lance,

You won’t regret looking into Unity. It’s an amazing engine.

-Rick

Thanks Dave! I’ve fallen off the wagon with my lessons and need to get
back to mastering Blender as time allows. :slight_smile:

Best Wishes,
Rick

Thanks FedPete. The main reason that I moved my project into Unity wasn’t
so much for the fly by, but to demonstrate to myself that I was creating
potential game assets. It was really pretty easy-peasy.

Cheers,
Rick

1 Like

Privacy & Terms