Top Detail Challenge Results

Went a bit of a different direction with it.

11 Likes

That’s cool. Kind of like a parking deck.

I went for a subdued vibe…

5 Likes

Here’s mine

7 Likes

Here’s my top. Simplistic but supports the look of the pyramid.

6 Likes

Here’s mine… though very similar to the instructors… I based mine off traditional mayan pyramids. Also, created a bit of a slant on the lower part by scaling the tops of the ledges slightly down.

3 Likes

Took a little while to figure it out, but it was fun, and I’m proud :). Did not know where it was going, but liked it when it was done.

8 Likes

Really enjoy seeing all the different styles.:+1:

5 Likes

Symmetrical modeling is fun and easy with these tools.

4 Likes

Easy fun. Fun and Easy.

4 Likes

Lotta stairs with Top Detail.

2 Likes

Here’s my topper.

3 Likes

This is my modern mayan pyramid :grin:

22 Likes

Here’s mine. (With the door, which came a bit later)

9 Likes

Based my top building on some pictures of actual Mayan Pyramids, it’s a bit more subtle but I like it and I think it’ll look great in the end result.

3 Likes

Just went on with basic top that instructor made, I fear doing something else with it right now as I might get in trouble with later stuff since I’m not that very good at blender yet until I’m confident in doing something more challenging.

1 Like

Kept it fairly similar to the instructor’s version with only a slight few differences.
I have done a few other variations before, but kept finding that they then interfered with the next stages of the lectures, so decided to not veer off course too far now.

2 Likes

I looked at a few real world pictures of Mayan Temples and then added artistic licence haha, I am really pleased with it so far. I heard Michael say, not to go to crazy near the stairs, so I have not added in the bits I would love to there yet.

9 Likes

I love making castles so I made a castle top.

8 Likes

That looks really cool!

Privacy & Terms