Toon Tanks Particle Crash

I’m sorry to be asking something that I WISH I could figure out myself, but I just can’t get the Toon Tank Projectiles to fire.

I’m in video 160, having deleted the Manually added Health Components and am now adding the Particle Trail to the Projectiles. I’ve made sure I’ve done everything in the video several times, but Unreal keeps crashing when I try to fire:

LoginId:39d0e27548700c0f06981fa2d4bf8e88
EpicAccountId:8ed7289efe5d489daf41033137699d4e

Assertion failed: DelegateOwner->IsValidLowLevelFast(false) [File:C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/SparseDelegate.h] [Line: 196]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_ToonTanks_7369!AProjectileBase::BeginPlay() [C:\Users\peter\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\ToonTanks\Source\ToonTanks\Actors\ProjectileBase.cpp:35]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_ToonTanks_7369!APawnBase::Fire() [C:\Users\peter\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\ToonTanks\Source\ToonTanks\Pawns\PawnBase.cpp:51]

I keep trying to walk backwards through the lines mentioned.

The fire Function in my PawnBase:

void APawnBase::Fire() 
{
	// Get projectilespawnpoint locatin && Rotation
	// Create new projectile
	if(ProjectileClass)
	{
		FVector SpawnLocation = ProjectileSpawnPoint->GetComponentLocation();
		FRotator SpawnRotation = ProjectileSpawnPoint->GetComponentRotation();
		AProjectileBase* TempProjectile = GetWorld()->SpawnActor<AProjectileBase>(ProjectileClass, SpawnLocation, SpawnRotation);
		TempProjectile->SetOwner(this);
	}

}

BeginPlay() in my Projectile Base:

void AProjectileBase::BeginPlay()
{
	Super::BeginPlay();
	ProjectileMesh->OnComponentHit.AddDynamic(this, &AProjectileBase::OnHit);

}

I’m lost.

I found out that my Projectile Blueprint somehow got corrupted- the Static mesh was not registering, and that’s why the crash was occurring. I don’t know how it happened, but I fixed it!

Nice job finding that yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms