Toon Tanks - New Level, HUD (Score, Health), Music, Gates

This section was a bit hard… A lot of new thing in a short period of time. It was a surprise to me that you made free YouTube style section in a paid course. I took up the challenge and dive in this on my own taking every episode as a signpost to topic i need to know.

Anyway it motivated me to do a lot of things on my own ( Like Plan -> Design -> Create some classes in c++ in new projects just to learn) but i want to finish the last section to start hard at 100% . I had no problem with blueprint (It was like c++ in magic blocks really xd)

Also it annoys me that i have no idea how to make nice looking object, materials etc. so I bought your course of blender. I’ll start it after this course ( I really want to start it now :grimacing: but i need more time for 2 courses ).

This is my final game:

Git: GitHub Code

I added futures like:

• Score

• HUD (with health and score)

• Music

• Gates

• Music and sound effects

• Start new game / quit options at the end

Tons of respect to the Instructor for creation of class design and extra helpful pattern of directories / files that i can follow in my own projects. He is really a pro and his skills are my target to achieve in the future.

Best regards to you all

And good luck to other students ( If someone want to start some bigger learning projects count me in - PM me or something, cheers. )

2 Likes

Good job!

DevEnabled (the instructor) is a youtube creator. It seems that reception of ToonTanks is quite divisive. I’ve seen some students praising this section as the best one in the whole course and some complaining really hard about it.

It’s good that you persevered and made it through… and made really nice adaptation! (I must admit that I was so fed up with the style of this section, that I finished it and moved along, without improving at all on what Rob did in the course - and I like him and his YT content!).

Be careful! Blender is addictive :joy:

1 Like

@Kamil_Kolodziejczak: Very nice, I liked all your improvisations on the existing materials. I have purchased blender course too to be done after this one.

I myself managed to add just the count of remaining Turrets and delete them too in a delay of 1 second. I am still not fully clear on how widgets and blue print graphs work, hoping my understanding will get better as i progress in the course.

Here is my video as well for the challenge.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms