Took longer than i wanted but I'm Finally Done My Crazy Chess Set

Had to take an extended break from this section to take care of my aging father and move house, but I finally got my crazy chess set done.

I went a bit crazy and made really elaborate pieces, some of them are even rigged with armatures for animation. :grin:

Perhaps i’ll be able to use them for something else later.

Full Board View:

White King:

White Knight:

White Rook:

White Queen:

White Bishop:

White Pawn:

Black King:

Black Rook:

Black Bishop:

Black Knight:

Black Queen:

Black Pawn:

Battle Scene:

14 Likes

That is very impressive, great job!

You sure did, but I like their design and materials, it must have took quite a bit of time :open_mouth:. I also like what you did with the bases, those textures sure look great.

Nice pictures with Depth Of Field you took there, it really highlights the pieces. It feels like they are ready to move and slaughter their opponents, especially the “pawns” (I don’t know if they are called pawns anymore, maybe more “lesser aliens”) :smile:.

That’s some awesome work, cheers !

2 Likes

Hi mylo9000, Congrats for original idea - this looks fantastic. One question: have you done that after doing section 6 (cycles) or just after section 5?

this was done for section 4. I went into this course with a lot of self directed blender experience. (Been tinkering with blender since version 1.73) I used the cycles engine as it made texture work easier. less uv editing and marking seams.

To get the depth of field effect right i used an empty object as a focus target, i also parented the camera to the empty so when i moved it the camera would follow. the camera also had a track to constraint so it was always looking at the empty. This allowed me to place the camera, then move the empty and the cam would follow it.

hope that made sense and answered your question.

Amazing!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms